On Jul. 11, UK GC issued penalty for AML, social responsibility failures.
- Relates to money laundering / social responsibility failures by operator Casino 36.
- UK GC investigation revealed the operator had failed to ensure adequate customer enhanced due diligence, source of funds, source of wealth checks for 33 customers.
- During the relevant period, from Nov. 10, 2017 to Oct. 8, 2018, these customers
were allowed to gamble a total of £147,741, without adequate checks conducted.
- The firm also failed to ensure that sufficient customer interaction was taking place when its customers were potentially displaying signs of suffering gambling harm.
- Casino 36 acknowledged policies at the relevant time were ineffective, has evolved policy, invested in improving AML/responsible gambling as part of ongoing process.
- Casino 36 will divest £147,741 and make a £152,259 payment in lieu of a financial
penalty which UK GC would otherwise impose for licence/codes of practice breaches.
- Personal management licence holders at Casino 36 must undertake extra training.
- Casino 36 will have further conditions added to its licence as part of the settlement.