On Mar. 15, US Treasury, EU, Canada sanctioned Russia on Ukraine.
- OFAC sanctioned Russia, designated entities on continued Ukraine aggression.
- Cooperated with EU and Canada, after several designations, see e.g.
- Individuals, entities in Russia’s unjustified attacks, on Ukrainian naval vessels
in Kerch Strait, annexation of Crimea, backing separatist elections E. Ukraine.
- US complemented sanctions, also taken on same day, by the EU and Canada.
Kerch Strait Designations
- Designated 4 Russian officials for role in Nov. 25, 2018 firing, and ramming of
3 Ukraine ships in Crimea, seized 24 crew, remain illegally detained in Russia.
- Gennadiy Medvedev, dep. director, border guard service, Fed. Security Service.
- Sergey Stankevich, head of the border directorate, Andrey Shein, deputy head.
- Medvedev and Stankevich directly controlled and organized the attack on ships.
- Ruslan Romashkin, who was head of service command point of FSS for Crimea.
- All these individuals designated under EO 13661 on Mar. 20, 2014.
- 6 Russian defense firms operating in Crimea misappropriated Ukrainian assets.
- To support Russian military, 4 designated per E.O. 13662, 2 under E.O. 13685.
- Yaroslavsky Shipbuilding Plant develop naval vessels, defense, material sector.
- Zelenodolsk Shipyard Plant, produced missile frigates and corvettes for Russia.
- AO Kontsern Okeanpribor (Okeanpribor), hydroacoustic equipment production.
- PAO Zvezda (Zvezda) supplier diesel engine to Russian Navy, AO Zavod Fiolent,
an electronics manufacturer, GUP RK KTB Sudokompozit defense components.
- LLC SK Consol-Stroi LTD and LLC Novye Proekty named for operating in Crimea.
- LLC Novye Proekty has oil exploration rights of Russia, Ukraine lost about 80%
of oil, gas deposits in Black Sea due to Russia purported annexation of Crimea.
- Designated Ukrainian separatists role in organization of Nov. 2018 illegitimate
elections contradicting Russia’s commitments in Minsk agreement, US opposed.
- Aleksey Alekseevich Naydenko, styled Donetsk People’s Republic election chair.
- Vladimir Yurievich Vysotsky, for actions or policies threatening peace, security,
stability, sovereignty, or territorial integrity of Ukraine as well as election work.