On Jan. 28, 2019, Waters spoke on House floor in support of bipartisan proposal.
- Cited bipartisan nature, urged members to vote for bill, as will improve situation.
- Bill passed by vote of 413-3, if becomes law, SEC has to issue report in one year.
- Waters also spoke on HR 56, financial technology protection act, passed in 2017.
- Bipartisan to assist efforts to deter terrorist, illicit abuses of financial technology.
- Require government examine how State and non-state actors use cryptocurrency.
- House passed bill by vote with broad bipartisan support, GOP McHenry is sponsor.