On Nov. 26, UKP planned evidence session on the economic impact.
- Follows UKP Jul. 2018 asked Treasury, FCA, BoE for impact analysis.
- Follows UK DEXEU, EC Nov. 2018 issued agreement on Brexit terms.
- The panel plans to take evidence on withdrawal agreement and the joint political
declaration, issued a call for evidence on the economic analysis of the documents.
- Morgan wrote to BoE governor Carney, FCA CEO Bailey and chancellor Hammond in Jun. 2018, asking for analysis of agreement/future framework once negotiated.
- Panel asked 3 to publish analyses in good time, before Parliament comes to vote.
Call for Evidence
- Panel invited evidence from economists, firms, trade bodies, regulators, experts.
- In respect of economic analysis or forecast of the short and long-term impact of
the Government’s proposed withdrawal agreement, the joint political declaration.
- An economic analysis or forecast of the short and long-term impact of the United
Kingdom leaving without deal and moving to WTO rules with or without transition.
- Economic analysis/forecast of short/long-term impact of the UK remaining in EU.
- Welcome such analysis on a UK-wide basis, and/or on a regional or sectoral basis.
- Panel to write to MPs before they vote to provide them with assessment analysis.