On May 2, SEC announced SALI online background checks for IAs.
- SEC Action Lookup for Individuals (SALI) will help check background of advisors.
- SALI tool allows investor to identify person subject to judgment or enforcement.
- Identify individuals who have been parties to past SEC enforcement actions and
against whom federal courts have entered judgments, or SEC has issued orders.
- Allow investor to research background of person trying to sell them investments.
- SALI supplemented existing education resources made available on Investor.gov.
- Search tool does not limit results to registered advisor, unlike existing searches.
- Free investment professional tool, has individuals in FINRA BrokerCheck system.
Date of Results
- Results include parties from SEC actions filed from Oct. 1, 2014 - Mar. 31, 2018.
- SEC will update to add parties from new actions and filings prior to Oct. 1, 2014.