On Mar. 6, Treasury OFAC designated Mexican drug trafficker group.
- Targeted individuals and companies, close to Ruelas Torres drug trafficking group.
- Named Joel Efren Ruelas Avila and those close to new leadership of Ruelas Torres.
- Sanctioned 8 individuals and 8 companies linked to the Sinaloa based organization.
- Maria Rocha, Patricia Ruelas Avila, Jose Maria Ruelas Avila, Trinidad Ruelas Avila,
- Raquel Guerrero, Cruz Medrano, and all family members of Joel Efren Ruelas Avila.
- Pedro Sanchez Medrano, Reyna Rivera Sandoval, associates of Ruelas Torres DTO.
- Designated five agricultural firms, two construction firms, and clothing boutique.
- As Agricola Ruelas, Alondra Produce, Comercializadora Gael 4, Dispersora Gael,
- Felixtapia SC Construction: Constructora Joel, clothing store, Cruzita Novedades.
- All entities designated, are based in or registered in the Mexican state of Sinaloa.