On Jan. 15, FRC issued actions on impact of Carillion collapse.
- FRC is actively monitoring situation, contact with other relevant regulatory bodies.
- Possess power to investigate accountants and circumstances relating to the audit.
- Obliged to follow due process, will make further statement on this matter shortly.
- Concerns raised over its £587mn pensions deficit, meeting convened between the
government, the Pensions Regulator, Pension Protection Fund, scheme's trustees.
- TPR confirmed it was closely involved in discussions, would not comment further.
- Overall hit to PPF, before any claw-back from asset value, may be around £800m.
- Carillion pension scheme would be largest that PPF has taken on by size of deficit.