On 8 November, MSRB revised series 52 into a specialized knowledge exam.
- In advance of FINRA 1 October 2018 issue of Securities Industry Essentials (SIE) exam.
Aims of Exam
- MSRB worked with FINRA in developing SIE exams, to streamline duplicative testing.
- General knowledge test is traditionally covered in several representative-level exams.
- MSRB supported goal to reduce test redundancy, for securities industry professionals.
- Anticipated filing proposed rule with SEC in early 2018 to require SIE as a prerequisite.
- Before registration as muni securities representative, and sales limited representative.
- Or as limited representative-investment company, and variable contracts product reps.