On 23 August, Bank of Malaysia enforcement on money service business.
- Central bank raided five premises, located in Perak, Pahang and Negeri Sembilan.
- Seized documents, cash, foreign currencies at DJ Travel & Tour, Fathima Warisan,
Giant Supermarket in Senawang, Habeeb Textiles in Kuantan and Muadzam Shah.
- Four illegal immigrants involved, were detained by the Immigration Department.
- Charged with offences under the Money Services Business Act 2011 (MSBA), and
AML, Anti-Terrorism Financing, Proceeds Unlawful Activities Act 2001 (AMLATFA).
- Forex activity fine up to RM5mn or imprisonment not exceeding 10 years or both.
- AMLATFA; jail not exceeding 15 years and fine to five times sum of the proceeds,
of unlawful activity at time offence is committed, or RM5mn, whichever is higher.