On Dec. 20, SEC exam focus on cyber, crypto, retail investors.
- Put emphasis on digital assets, cybersecurity, retail investor issues, including fees, expenses, and conflict of interest potentially heightened risk to investors, markets.
- For seniors saving for investment exams, to focus on disclosure and calculation of
fees, expenses, and other charges supervision of reps selling products and services.
- Broker-dealers entrusted with customer assets, and portfolio management, trading.
Cybersecurity and Crypto
- Emphasis on proper configuration of network storage devices, information security
governance, and policies and procedures covering retail trade information security.
- Has been focus and will need to be overseen as risks not going away, may expand.
- Will keep SEC focus on crypto markets, ICOs how they evolve, review advice given.
FINRA and Market Infrastructure
- FINRA operations and regulatory programs and the quality of FINRA examinations.
of broker-dealers, MSRB supervision, regulation for MIAs, muni securities dealers.
- Market infrastructure still important focus, especially critical are CCPs, settlements.
- Review if firms appropriately adapt their AML programs to address the obligations.
- Whether programs, policies are effective, adequate for size, and business of firms.