On Jan. 11, CSA Que fined and jailed an advisor for fraud scheme.
- Roger Biduk pleaded guilty to 12 counts: 5 counts of unlawful practice, 5 counts of no prospectus offering, 2 counts of giving investor false or misleading information.
- Biduk, while registered with AMF,. as an investment dealer, solicited two investors.
- False investment statements were produced to show that money was well invested.
- The money raised was not invested, and provided funds for personal use of Birduk.
- Fines totaling CA$214k and a four-month following a criminal case filed by the AMF.