- Customers risked higher bills because of inadequate number of anesthesiologists.
- This led to there being no in-network anesthesia services, with over 20 hospitals.
- The districts affected were three of largest metro areas, Harris, Bexar, and Travis.
- Humana was contacted in Aug. 2018 after some network contracts were canceled.
- Sanctions After meeting with the TX INS agency, Humana agreed to corrective action and to reprocess bills so consumers didn’t face higher costs due to inadequate networks.
Written by ILG