On Aug. 9, ICO fine for selling of personal data to a political party.
- ICO fine Lifecycle Marketing (Mother and Baby) ltd, aka Emma's Diary, £140,000.
- Followed interim report on data analytics for political campaigning, see #45157.
- Illegally collected, sold personal information belonging to more than 1mn people.
- Data broking company, which provides advice on pregnancy and childcare, sold
information to Experian Marketing Services, specifically for use by Labour Party.
- Experian created database, which party used to profile mums, for 2017 election.
personal information would be used for political marketing or by political parties.