On Jul. 27, 2018, UK FCA issued final handbook notice 57 on status of industry codes.
- Rules on FCA Recognized Industry Codes (DEPP, EG) Instrument 2018 (FCA 2018/36).
- Board has made changes to the FCA Handbook sections as follows: Glossary, DEPP 6.
- The FCA has also made changes the following section of the enforcement guide: EG 2.
- Instrument explains status of industry codes, which have been recognized by the FCA.
- Changes help groups which have made industry codes to help raise conduct standards.
- By supporting industry groups to develop good quality, up-to-date and relevant codes.
- Came into force on Jul. 18, 2018, feedback was issued in a separate policy statement.