On Feb. 23, HK SFC updated list on UN sanctions for North Korea.
- Updated list specifying relevant persons and entities under section 31 of the UN
Sanctions (Democratic People’s Republic of Korea) Regulation, of Feb. 23, 2018.
- Licensed corporations are reminded to refer to SFC Chapter 6 of AML Guideline.
- Guidance on measures to take for compliance with UN regulations on sanctions.
- Expects firms to screen all new designations against their client lists as soon as
practicable, whenever there were updates, reminded to report any transactions.
- Report trades with designated person or entity to joint financial intelligence unit.