On Dec. 21, Treasury OFAC sanctioned 13 for abuse, corruption.
- Executive Order implemented global Magnitsky Human Rights Accountability Act.
- Executive action was taken on 13 serious human rights abusers and corrupt actors.
- OFAC, also imposed sanctions on an additional 39 affiliated individuals and entities.
- Ex-President of Gambia 1994-2017 engaged in human rights abuses and corruption.
- Jammeh had plundered Gambia’s stole from state funds for his own personal gain.
- Gambian Government has taken action to freeze Jammeh’s assets within country.
- Director General of The Gambia’s NIA in December 2013 for presiding over abuses.
- Badjie oversaw the detention and murder of Solo Sandeng, an opposition member.
- Badjie led the Junglers paramilitary group who used torture and other abuses.
- Africada Airways, Kanilai Group Intl, Kanilai Worni Family Farms, Atlantic Pelican,
- Royal Africa Capital Holding, Africada Financial Service & Bureau de Change, Kora Media,
- Africada Micro-Finance, Africada Insurance Company, Palm Grove Africa Dev’t Corp,
- Patriot Insurance Brokers. Co. Ltd, and Royal Africa Securities Brokerage. Co. Ltd.
Roberto Jose Rivas Reyes
- President of Nicaragua’s Supreme Electoral Council, government on salary of $60k.
- Accused of corruption amassing personal wealth, included properties and private jets.
- For also perpetrating electoral fraud undermining Nicaragua’s electoral institutions.
- Gertler made hundreds of millions of dollars’ from corrupt mining and oil deals in DRC.
- Used friendship with President Joseph Kabila to be middleman for mining asset sales.
- 2010-12 DRC lost over $1.36bn in revenues from mining underpricing linked to Gertler.
- Pieter Albert Deboutte, Fleurette Properties, and Fleurette Holdings Netherlands B.V.,
- Gertler Family Foundation, Oil of DRC, Jarvis Congo, Intl Diamond Industries,
- D.G.D. Investments , D.G.I. Israel , Proglan Capital, Emaxon Finance Intl.,
- Africa Horizons Investment, Caprikat , Foxwhelp, Caprikat and Foxwhelp SARL,
- Lora Enterprises, Zuppa Holdings, Orama Properties, DGI Mining, Rozaro Development.
- Among the biggest arms and munitions in the Balkans; decade under UN travel ban.
- Tesic would directly or indirectly provide bribes and financial assistance to officials.
- Preduzece Za Trgovinu Na Veliko I Malo Partizan Tech DOO Beograd-Savski Venac
- (“Partizan Tech”), Charso Limited, Grawit, and Technoglobal Systems DOO Beograd.
Maung Maung Soe
- Former chief of Burmese Army’s Western command, for abuse on Rohingya civilians.
- Used security forces to enact extrajudicial killings, sexual violence, arbitrary arrest.
Benjamin Bol Mel
- Benjamin Bol Mel is the President of ABMC Thai-South Sudan Construction Company.
- Received preferential treatment from officials, and the Government of South Sudan.
- ABMC Thai-South Sudan Construction Company Limited and Home and Away LTD.
Mukhtar Hamid Shah
- Shah is Pakistani surgeon specializing in kidney transplants believed to be involved
in kidnapping, wrongful confinement, and removal of and trafficking in human organs.
- Daughter of former Uzbekistan leader Islam Karimov, led organized crime syndicate.
- Charged for abetting activities of organized crime group with assets of over $1.3bn
Angel Rondon Rijo
- Politically connected businessman and lobbyist in DR, who funneled bribes from
- Odebrecht, a Brazilian construction company, for building projects such as dams.
- Artem Chayka is the son of the Prosecutor General of the Russian Federation.
- Leveraged father’s position to unfairly win state-owned assets and contracts.
- Gao Yan was the Beijing Public Security Bureau Chaoyang Branch director.
- Human rights activist Cao Shunli held at Beijing Municipal Public Security Bureau.
- Cao fell into a coma and died from organ failure, signs of emaciation and neglect.
- Sergey Kusiuk was commander of an elite Ukrainian police unit, the Berkut.
- Special Investigations named Kusiuk as a leader of attack on peaceful protesters.
Julio Antonio Juarez Ramirez
- Julio Antonio Juarez Ramirez an Guatemalan Congressman is accused of attack.
- Hired hit men to kill journalists whose reporting hurt Juarez’s plan for reelection.