On 12 October, US and French Treasuries issued actions on terror financing.
- Meeting of US Treasury Secretary Mnuchin, and French Finance Minister Le Maire.
- Agreed measures to strengthen cooperation in the fight against terrorist financing.
- Noted key role that targeted sanctions play in the fight against terrorist financing.
- Agreed to make full use of existing instruments at national and international level.
- Wider cooperation in identification and designation of new individuals and entities.
- Decided to coordinate their efforts to strengthen further means and tools of FATF.
- Reinforce robust FATF network of regional bodies, to ensure implement standards.
- Stronger tools to encourage fast adoption of countries that do not meet standards.
- By capacity building and technical assistance, and by countermeasures, sanctions.