On 25 September, the SFC banned a former account executive for conducting unauthorized transactions.
- Banned for life, Mr Shum Kam Ming, a former account executive of Sincere Securities Limited (Sincere Securities), conducting unauthorized transactions in a client’s account.
- The disciplinary action follows an SFC investigation which found that between March 2014 and May 2015.
- conducted a significant number of unauthorized transactions in a client’s account, causing her to suffer substantial losses;
- tampered with the client’s standing method of statement delivery in order to prevent her from receiving genuine account statements;
- provided false and misleading account statements to the client to conceal the unauthorized trades and true position in her securities account; and
- forged the client’s signature to open an investment account and transferred money from her securities accounts at Sincere Securities to the investment account for trading gold commodities without her knowledge and authority.
The SFC considers that Shum’s dishonesty calls into question his fitness and properness to be a licensed person.