On 31 July, Treasury OFAC designated President Maduro of Venezuela.
- Treasury Secretary Mnuchin delivered remarks at The White House press briefing.
Basis of Sanctions
- OFAC designated Nicolas Maduro Moros, for undermining democracy in Venezuela.
- Arranged illegitimate elections to usurp democratically elected National Assembly.
- To rewrite constitution, and impose authoritarian regime on citizens of Venezuela.
- Claimed to represent "rupture in Venezuela's constitutional and democratic order".
- Followed US May, 2017 designation off the Venezuela Supreme Court.
- Freezes assets under US jurisdiction, US persons prohibited from dealing with him.